[wpkg-users] Supporting multiple languages for FF/TB

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Apr 11 11:29:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

i would also prefer this method. But with the simple locale switcher you
also have to download the
language pack (and update it at least on major version changes or does
Thunderbird update the
installed languages packs automatically?)
If you don´t want to use an addon, another solution is to just install
the language pack
and then use general.useragent.locale (prefs.js or about:config).

Does anybody figured out something to do this with a script etc.?
Another design question is, if you install the LP globaly (for all
users) or in the thunderbird profile of the user.

I think wpkg is not designed to scope it to user accounts, but to
computer names.

Regards,
Holger