[wpkg-users] Getting rid of install before remove

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Dec 20 15:08:39 CET 2016

Hi,

On 20.12.2016 14:53, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> Hi, is it possible to avoid WPKG install before removing?

Yes. Just disable it in config.xml.
<param name='noUpgradeBeforeRemove' value='true' />

Remember: This feature assures that the latest package is installed.
Allowing you to fix up broken uninstall commands in the Package, so WPKG
will upgrade first to the latest version before attempting an uninstall.
If you disable the feature it will simply try to remove the application
using the uninstall commands of the package version located on the
client. If the uninstall fails (wrong uninstall commands or already
uninstalled and exit code does not match expected exit codes...) then
WPKG would on each synchronization re-try to uninstall the package
without success.

So Think twice if you're going to disable it.
As of my understanding also in your case installing the latest package
temporarily and then removing it cleanly would actually be a better
choice as I think your uninstall commands might perhaps fail if the
program was manually removed before.

best regards,