[wpkg-users] VLC 2.2.2 win32 on x64

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Feb 12 15:29:55 CET 2016

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, at 11:45, Andreas Schamanek wrote:

> The problem apparently is that the 32bit version causes troubles on
> both architectures. Even on x86 it tells me that a VLC process is
> running, and then the installers ends. No idea why.

Thanks to Heiko Helmle, who contacted me off-list, the problem is
resolved: I had renamed the installer to vlc.exe. So, the installer
rightfully detected a running vlc.exe process, and hence terminated
itself. Using any other name or the original name vlc-2.2.2-win32.exe
works just fine.

Thanks a lot Heiko!

--
-- Andreas