[wpkg-users] WPKG at shutdown on win7 (again)

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Wed May 11 10:24:48 CEST 2016

Hi,

im using WPKG-GP at nearly 99,5% of our systems, but we have a few PCs
where WPKG Updates before Logon is not an option.

I have been using a modified wpkg client (posted on this mailing list,
cant find the author atm) which works at shutdown but for some reason it
now starts to freeze my wpkg samba share sometimes and i cant figure out
why (there is nothing in the smb logs). If this happens all WPKG-GP
System hang at initializing and only a restart of smbd will fix this
problem.

As i cant seem to find a solution with my current method im looking at
an alternative to run wpkg at shutdown on these 4-5 Systems.

What is currently the best solution?

All Systems are running win7 x64 and are not joined in any domain.

Thanks for any help!

Greetings,

Nils

--
IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Email: it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de