[wpkg-users] WPKG runningstate not working?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 22 23:04:19 CEST 2016

Hi Nils

> I stumbled upon the wpkg registry key that should display if it is
> running but i have tested this now quite a few times and the value of
> "running" won't change to true if its executed through wpkg-gp r
> manually, i checked the wpkg config but it should display.
>
> Just wondering if this is working for anyone else because i could only
> check this on one system.

I think this is a bug. The code to set the running state must have been
lost some when during development. I have just committed an update
including a fix for this:

Changes 2016-10-22, v1.3.2-RC2 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at) wpkg.org>
FIX: Forcing OS to write logfile in Unicode to fix exception 800a0005 when
      writing unicode characters to the log on OS with non-unicode
application
      settings set to languages like "Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)".
      Fixes bug 291. Thanks to "isd".
FIX: Setting running state in registry (HKLM\Software\WPKG\running)) on WPKG
      startup.
      Thanks to Niels Thiele for reporting this on the mailing list.

WPKG 1.3.2-RC2 has not been released yet. Though you can get the latest
wpkg.js from Sourceforge:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/wpkg/code/HEAD/tree/wpkg/stable/src/main/resources/wpkg/wpkg.js>
(Download it using the "Download this file" link on top of the page.

Thanks for reporting.

best regards,