[wpkg-users] Issues with publishing Java 8u102 over wpkg

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:08:03 CEST 2016

Am 13.09.2016 um 09:54 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
> Mandi! Stefan Pendl
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> In addition I would not install 102, since that is more a developer
>> release, the general release is 101.
>
> A bit OT but.. i've never found a doc that explain the 'double release',
> ando so also i've everytime picked the latest.
>
> How you say that? Eg, that the '+1' version is 'more a developer release'?
>

> Thanks.

Marco,

when you get notified by the Java updater, you are always offered the
lower release.
In addition you can find the following on the download page at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html:

Java SE 8u101 includes important security fixes. Oracle strongly
recommends that all Java SE 8 users upgrade to this release.
Java SE 8u102 is a patch-set update, including all of 8u101 plus
additional features (described in the release notes).
<<

--
*Stefan P.*

Top-posting: