[wpkg-users] User GUI for WPKG-GP

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Sep 14 11:34:41 CEST 2016

Hello Falko,

That Error ussually only appears if the WPKG-GP service is not running
in the background,
the client (or wpkgpipeclient) tries to write to the pipe (that the
service should have created while its running) and it fails.
What version of wpkg-gp are we talking about, official or mine modification?

First check if the service is installed and running (services.msc), the
display name of the service is "WPKG Control Service"
If it is installed but not started try to start it manually (right click
-> Start) and check the wpkg-gp log to see what is reported in
"%PROGRAMFILES%\Wpkg-Gp\logs\", it it starts you could then try to run
the pipeclient again.

If this is the problem (Service not starting) than its hard to determine
what is causing the service from starting (if nothing appears in the
log). I would first try to remove wpkg-gp completely (check also
registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wpkg-Gp ), reboot the system and then try to
install it again.

I had some problems with service not starting in the past that were
caused by some official boot boost software by the hardware vendor of
the machine (Lenovo and Rapid Boot in this case), the problem affected
the vpn service not starting after every reboot, wpkg-gp was not
installed on those system but i could imagine that it could have been
affected by this as well

Hope this may help you.

Greetings,
Nils

--
IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Email: it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de