[wpkg-users] Windows 10 1709 Exploit Guard

Marco Schmidt schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Fri Dec 1 12:18:13 CET 2017

> This script contains malicious content and has been blocked by your
antivirus software.

Maybe you already came across this sentence in the eventlog of Windows
10, while WPKG tries to install something.

It reminds me what Linus Torvalds said some weeks ago.

http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1711.2/01701.html

Now I understand better, what he meant.

Because the system (Windows) is insecure by default, the Defender just
blocks everything, which makes it nearly impossible to use WPKG on
Windows 10 (1709).

Even a simple "copy" (local) is blocked !!!

Microsoft recommends to add "Exceptions" ...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/threat-protection/windows-defender-exploit-guard/enable-controlled-folders-exploit-guard

I do not want to disable the defender completely, but I have not found a
way to stop the "Exploit Guard".

Any ideas?
How do you manage to use WPKG with Windows 10 (1709)?

Thanks.

Greetings ...
 Marco