[wpkg-users] New version of WPKG-GP Mod and Client

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jul 21 11:46:19 CEST 2017

Hi,

With the old version of my wpkg-gp there was a problem with packages
that used execute checks. As the implemented query function used the
wpkg dryrun mode to check for updates those packages were marked as not
installed because the checks were not executed.

The dryrun flag was only used to not alter the file date of wpkg.xml as
the client used this date to check if it should inform the user to sync
there system.

wpkg-gp now writes the date of the last successful sync (if no errors
occured) to the registry and the client uses this value instead othe
file date.

You can grab the latest releases here:

https://github.com/sonicnkt/wpkg-gp/releases/tag/v0.17.17
https://github.com/sonicnkt/wpkg-gp-client/releases/tag/v0.9.7.4

No other changes were implemented.

I am aware of the makemsi problem, and it seems to be related to the
fact that i am compiling the files on a windows 8.1 system at the
moment. Makemsi works fine on those versions of windows and up (tested
several windows 10 clients). Only on windows 7 the program crashes.  (at
least in my environment). I will setup a windows 7 vm soon and check if
compiling the files on this will fix the error as i cant figure out
another solution at the moment.

Im also still planning to develop a custom notification system so the
duration and appearance can be configured using the client config
instead of windows user settings. But this will take time.

If you encouter any problems please report them to the mailinglist,
write me an email or post them on github.

Best Regards,

Nils

--
IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Email: it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de