[wpkg-users] windows 10

Andrea Zagli azagli at libero.it
Mon Mar 12 08:39:40 CET 2018

Il giorno ven 09 mar 2018 20:37:04 CET, Frank Morawietz ha scritto:
> [...]
>> another strange thing: i enabled debug log, the service starts, writes some
>> row in the log file and than it crashes saying that it cannot access to file
>> (!?!?!?!?!)
>>
>> Program Files\wpkg\wpkg.log-> Access denied.
>
> Your description sound like file access rights problems to me.
> Assumption: When you run it interactive, you use an administrative account,
> if run as a service, it runs as SYSTEM user.
>
> Is the system user allowed to write to  Program Files\wpkg\ ? Can you place
> the log file somewhere else, where everybody is allowed to write?

as i wrote: the file is created and it is written with few row; after
that wpkg stops with "access denied"

the service runs as local system user; i tried to change to
Administrator but i got the same error

wpkg service is setted to run the javascript as an user that is in the
administrators group

the log is in "program files\wpkg"; i tried to change to a new
directory and the "access denied" error disappears

and in log i have, if i use "local system user"

"Script execution: failure. Exit code: 1"

or using "Administrator" (or other administrator"

"CreateProcess -> the requested privilege does not belong to the client"

(i don't know if the translation is right; i have the last message in italian)