[debian-non-standard] 2.6.30 kernel compile error

mkloeckner at arcor.de mkloeckner at arcor.de
Mon Dec 7 11:41:36 CET 2009

Hey!

I'm using the 2.6.30 kernel image for my WL-500gP posted under http://www1.wpkg.org/debian-asus/2.6.30/
It all works fine running Debian Lenny. Thank you for all this!

Now I tried re-compiling the kernel to get full mISDN support for my USB HFC card. All mISDN modules compile fine, but later on it results in an error while compiling arch/mips/lib/delay.c

  CC      arch/mips/lib/delay.o
arch/mips/lib/delay.c: In function '__udelay':
arch/mips/lib/delay.c:46: warning: right shift count >= width of type
arch/mips/lib/delay.c: In function '__ndelay':
arch/mips/lib/delay.c:54: error: 'us' undeclared (first use in this function)
arch/mips/lib/delay.c:54: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
arch/mips/lib/delay.c:54: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [arch/mips/lib/delay.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/mips/lib] Error 2

This seems to be a common problem. --> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.next/8089
How did you manage this? How to fix this?

Thanks alot!

Martin

Es weihnachtet sehr! Vom leckerem Backrezept bis zum leckeren Schneehasen finden Sie alles im Weihnachtsspecial von Arcor.de:
http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.weihnachten
Feliz Navidad, God Yul, Merry X-Mas und ein frohes Fest!