[debian-non-standard] Strange file system error

Sven Nieslony sven.nieslony at netviewer.com
Tue Apr 6 13:55:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've tried to get debian running on my Asus WL-500GP V1 and had a good Start. Everything worked fine and I made a little comfortable by installing a few packages.
But after a while I got some strange file system errors (nfs stale file handle).
This is what I've tried to solve the problem:

2.6.19 kernel with 2 different USB Sticks
2.6.30 kernel with 2 different USB Sticks

I've tried several installations (I guess up to 10 times) and what always happened was a corrupted file system.
The tune2fs settings were always set correct and the file system wasn't marked as dirty, but a forced FS check found several errors. There even hasn't been any log.

I'm going to give it another chance with a HDD attached, but my questions are:

Is someone else having these problems?
Is there a way around (for example a setting, a module or an additional package)?

I'm using debian since a lot of years and would say I'm an experienced Linux/debian user and willing to try different settings to get this system running.

As I've read, the download server www1.wpkg.org is running on an asus router which makes me believe it is possible to get it up and running! :-)

Regards

Sven Nieslony
Teamleader Company Services

sven.nieslony at netviewer.com
Tel: +49 721 354499 662
Fax: +49 721 354499 300

--

Deutschland (Headquarter):
Netviewer AG · Erzbergerstraße 117 · 76133 Karlsruhe