[debian-non-standard] Strange file system error

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Apr 6 15:30:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:55:22PM +0200, Sven Nieslony wrote:
> I'm using debian since a lot of years and would say I'm an experienced Linux/debian user and willing to try different settings to get this system running.

I cannot offer a solution, but here are my thoughts: This could be a
problem with the USB stick. The argument against that is that you tried
two different and both had problems. Are those two of a different type
and size, or similar by any chance? Maybe there is a problem with a
certain size of stick or a certain type/vendor?

For testing purposes you could also try to limit the USB speed to USB1
and see if that changes anything (I hope not).

Which filesystem did you use?

If you setup a running system on the asus, could you test the other stick
by writing a large file onto it, and comparing the result to the original?

Frank Loeffler