[iodine-users] Compiling iodine using Android NDK

Marcel Bokhorst marcel at bokhorst.biz
Thu Mar 10 06:10:15 CET 2011

Today I tried to compile a recent version (0.6.0-rc1) of the iodine client for
Android 2.1 using the Android NDK.
I copied all iodine ./src files to ./jni and created this ./jni/Android.mk file:

LOCAL_PATH:= $(call my-dir)

include $(CLEAR_VARS)

LOCAL_MODULE    := iodine
LOCAL_SRC_FILES  := tun.c dns.c read.c encoding.c login.c base32.c base64.c
base64u.c  base128.c md5.c common.c iodine.c client.c util.c
LOCAL_CFLAGS    := -c -DLINUX -Werror
LOCAL_LDLIBS    := -lz

include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)

A ndk-build seems to work (the first file tun.c was compiled successfully), but
dns.c cannot find the structure HEADER.
I have seen it is defined in windows.h of the package, but it is nowhere in the
Android NDK.
So my questions is how can I solve this?

I already have a working tun.ko kernel module, so I like to have this working
too.
If it does matter: I am using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini.