[iodine-users] iodined fails on android, please help

r c cyrax50000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:12:29 CET 2020

iodined is not working on android.

server: iodined -c 10.0.0.1 xyz.mysite.com
client: iodine xyz.mysite.com

-iodine check-it test page: success
-password authentication, encoding and mtu negotiations: success
-dns0 is created and it says it will transmit data
-try to ping or connect to 10.0.0.1: FAIL

By viewing the logs, it does receive some packets, but the packet seq
number always remains zero, it never sends anything or increases the
count.

I have now tried some ideas, last was to mknod /dev/tun and
/dev/net/tun c 10 200 on the android box and chmod it to 777. Before I
had done iptables -F and iptables -X.
I can see through ifconfig that dns0 is only receiving but stopped
transferring data after the initial negotiations.
I have tried to host a server in another machine , an amazon ec2
virtual host, and there it works perfectly.
In android I have tried both a ndk compiled iodined and an iodined in
a linux chroot, both ways don't seem to work.

I really would like to hear any suggestions to make it work, thanks a lot