[sheepdog-users] Node reboot

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:54:10 CET 2012

I've been trying this:

3 nodes 2 copies

node 1 and node 2 running a guest (debian squeeze)
node 3 is not running any guest

On node 3
  pkill sheep; sleep 4; sheep /mnt/sheepdog

This to simulate something similar to a cable that get get disconnect
for few seconds.

I see form sheep.log that the recovery stop as soon as node 3 comes
back on line.
(See also the attached file)

I've been looking at dmes of the guests and they didn't sign anything.
I've shut down the guests and run a vdi check on the two used vdis: ok.

*I wanted to know if was necessary to wait to complete the recovery
before insert back a node*
and the answer seems to be 'no'.
Please tell me if there's something I didn't consider.

This may be also the case of node reboot.