[sheepdog-users] Concern about sheepdog performance

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 04:28:13 CET 2012

On 12/19/2012 12:30 AM, Valerio Pachera wrote:
>> How about use journaling mode only(no object cache)? I guess it will be
>> > a bit more than 20m/s.
> 47.M/s (dd without oflag=direct)
> 13M/s (dd with oflag=direct)

Hi Valerio,

   I have pushed a fix on sheep side, which might speed up a little bit
for no cache mode,

Would you please try test dd without/with oflag=direct by:

- sheep start only with journaling enabled. 'sheep -j xxxx /store'
- start VM (now 'cache' option should be meaningless to sheepdog)

For wider control such as sheep daemon enabled object cache, but QEMU
pass 'cache=directsync' or 'cache=off' or 'cache=none' to bypass cache
will be supported after QEMU fix is merged, probably can be available
for QEMU 1.4.0 release.