[sheepdog-users] sheepdog (0.4.0-0+tek2b-10) testing; urgency=high

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 25 10:28:21 CEST 2012

Hi Jens,

I updated my startup script:

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-sheepdog.git;a=blob;f=debian/pve-sheepdog.sheepdog.init.d;h=fa081a0279e2856479f903ceeb3441cc2d6de37a;hb=HEAD

I  simply scan for directories /var/lib/sheepdog/disk[0-9]

If such directory contains a 'startup' file, I read startup arguments from that
file and start sheep daemon with those arguments.

We can automatically set port/path/pidfile, so usually all you need to do is

# touch /var/lib/sheepdog/diskN/startup

After that sheep starts automatically for that directory.

This also avoid starting the daemon when mounting with fstab fails.

What do you think?