[sheepdog-users] collie cluster snapshot

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Tue Jul 23 15:37:32 CEST 2013

Question on usage for this.  I've attempted to do this on a mounted SMB
share.  It seems cluster snapshots need xattr support as well? Is that
necessary?  I have a number of large shares available on servers that
would seem a perfect spot to place a cluster snapshot.

Can a cluster snapshot be taken, then moved to a SMB type share for
backup reasons?  IE: Could I move such a saved snapshot and restore
without silent issues due to attributes not being preserved?