[sheepdog-users] cache flush: all or nothing

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:22:27 CEST 2013

Using the cache leads to some side effects.
One of them is, for example, when  I create a snapshot of a vdi and
back it up but all cache data is missing.
(Think of an automated backup that do not flush cache first unless we
make it more complex).

Another side effect it that we probably have to wait pretty long time
when shutting down a guest.
For example, I have a guest where backups data are written during the night.
If I shut it down during the day, i have to wait till it flush all the cache.
It was doing noting in the morning.

Is it possible to make sheepdog flush the cache when not busy?
Not all in one time, but some chunks per time.
Something like it happens for the usb pen drive.