[sheepdog-users] sheep target directory

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 00:22:53 CEST 2013

At Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:51:34 +0800,
Liu Yuan wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 05:48 PM, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> > I think having a start-up script is confusing ideas.
> > Also because we can't change the default values being hard coded.
> > I'm going to write down the suggestion on the guide but it may be
> > easier to remove the init script.
> > Users will simply use /etc/rc.local to start their own command or run
> > it manually.
> > This is even more true when using multy devices.
>
> Looks good to me. +1 to remove /etc/init.d/sheepdog. How do you think,
> anybody else?

I'm against it.  A init script is the most standard way to manage a
server.  The correct way to go is to introduce
/etc/sheepdog/sheep.conf in which we can control auto-start, sheep
options, and store directories.  We can also add a option to sheep
command options to use the config file.

Thanks,

Kazutaka