[sheepdog-users] cache performance test

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:47:57 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 03:21:47PM +0200, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> 2013/6/25 Liu Yuan <namei.unix at gmail.com>:
> > what is the number of the new test against above combination?
>
> I'm getting different value, between 40 and 110 MB/s but I can't
> always reproduce the same value.
> I'll report the value as soon as I'm able to have them repeated.
>
> Elevator (io-scheduler) matters only on the guest or also on the host?

Redhat recommended to use deadline for both guest and host to get best performance,
but for host, if you want to control block device throughput per process, you have to use
default cfs. Well, since QEMU can control throughput per vdi, cgroup-blk isn't needed in
most cases, it is fine to use deadline for host too.