[sheepdog-users] [Sheepdog Announcement] Erasure coding is fully functional with Sheepdog now

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Tue Oct 22 16:00:19 CEST 2013

I love the work you've been doing for this but I do have some questions
regarding erasure.

In your notes, you mention specifying the policy such as 4:2, how does
this map to physical nodes?  Would that mean you could use that 4:2 for
6 or more nodes?  How does that work exactly?  Would that mean the 16:15
configuration requires 31 nodes or more?

If your node count exceeds the stripe/parity setting does the data get
rotated across nodes so all nodes contribute to throughput?