[sheepdog-users] [Sheepdog Announcement] Erasure coding is fully functional with Sheepdog now

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Tue Oct 22 16:23:53 CEST 2013

Excellent.

Last question then:  Are there predefined stripe+parity settings that
you would recommend for specific targetted redundancy or performance
levels?  For example, if I have 7 nodes in a cluster, and I wanted to
minimize redundant data storage while surviving up to three machines
dropping out?

Would that by default be 4:3? Or for larger node counts?