[sheepdog-users] Doc. url

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Mon Oct 28 16:48:44 CET 2013

Valerio Pachera <sirio81 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, you can consult/examine the documentation with the latest fixes also here
>
> http://www.sheepdog-project.org/doc/
>
> in html format.

Hello,

I'm looking at the documentation and have a question regarding the
multidevice support[1].

When I'm in single node mode, I would like to have some local data
replication between disks à-la RAID5.

According to zones[2]:

    “To avoid that (to have then 1 copie per object per host), it was
    necessary to associate a zone all sheep daemons running on the same
    host.”

Is there a way to:

- in single node: have some replication on local disks
- when extending the cluster, replicate on remote nodes and use local
  disks à-la RAID0

Such configuration could permit to start with a single node and add more
later when needed.

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.sheepdog-project.org/doc/multidevice.html