[sheepdog-users] sheepdog R/W speed from remote Server is very bad than loacal access

redtone kelphon at redtone.hk
Thu Aug 28 16:03:52 CEST 2014

I have two servers, server A run sheepdog in storage mode and server B run
sheepdog in gateway mode.
The sheepdog use separate 1Gbps NIC to handle the IO request. The 2 NICs are
connected to 1Gbps switch.

When I run VM on server A. the virtual disk read speed is 450M and the write
speed is 150M When I run VM on server B. the virtual disk read speed is 30M
and the write speed is 25M. when I monitor the NIC's with iftop. The network
speed is 200Mbps-280Mbps.

So I think there are throttle when I access the storage form server B to A.

How to improve the network performance?