[sheepdog-users] support for share storage

yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn
Wed Dec 3 07:35:35 CET 2014

发件人:         Valerio Pachera <sirio81 at gmail.com>
收件人:         yang.bin18 at zte.com.cn,
抄送:   Lista sheepdog user <sheepdog-users at lists.wpkg.org>
日期:   2014/12/02 17:45
主题:   Re: 答复: Re: [sheepdog-users] support for share storage

>> If every node in cluster point it`s /var/lib/sheepdog to the same share
>> storage(such as iscsi),can sheepdog work ? Or every node must point
>> /var/lib/sheepdog  to diffrent storage?

>I still think this is a non sense and is very different from Andrew
>consideration.
>From my understanding you what to use sheepdog nodes ad front-end, and
>something like a nas/san/iscsi as back-end.
>In such case, sheepdog is not what you are looking for.

>You may want to do the opposite: sheepdog nodes ad back-end (iscsi
>multipath or connecting directly by qemu) and use other powerful
>server ad front-end.

>What you ask is that:
>e.g. a nas export a folder by nfs.
>Each nod mount this folder in /media/nas
>Each node writes data in a subfolder
>/media/nas/node1
>/media/nas/node2
>/media/nas/node2N

>Each node run sheep in its own directory
>node1
>  sheep -n /media/nas/node1
>node2
>  sheep -n /media/nas/node/node2
>nodeN
>  sheep -n /media/nas/nodeN

    In this model,if node1 down,whether can /media/nas/node1 be loaded
within other node online and guest can still access the data in
/media/nas/node1 existed.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.