[sheepdog-users] 答复: Re: support for share storage

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:45:06 CET 2014

> If every node in cluster point it`s /var/lib/sheepdog to the same share
> storage(such as iscsi),can sheepdog work ? Or every node must point
> /var/lib/sheepdog  to diffrent storage?

I still think this is a non sense and is very different from Andrew
consideration.
>From my understanding you what to use sheepdog nodes ad front-end, and
something like a nas/san/iscsi as back-end.
In such case, sheepdog is not what you are looking for.

You may want to do the opposite: sheepdog nodes ad back-end (iscsi
multipath or connecting directly by qemu) and use other powerful
server ad front-end.

What you ask is that:
e.g. a nas export a folder by nfs.
Each nod mount this folder in /media/nas
Each node writes data in a subfolder
/media/nas/node1
/media/nas/node2
/media/nas/node2N

Each node run sheep in its own directory
node1
  sheep -n /media/nas/node1
node2
  sheep -n /media/nas/node/node2