[sheepdog-users] runtime requirements?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Mar 13 18:16:44 CET 2014

Re. the iSCCI vs. NBD options:

The iSCSI instructions are all based around standard iSCSI initiator and
target commands, but the documentation for NBD (such as it is) says;

 1.

    Create a Sheepdog image

    $ qemu-img create sheepdog:image 4G

 2.

    Start qemu-nbd on the one of Sheepdog servers

    $ qemu-nbd sheepdog:image

Which suggests that one has to have qemu running to publish NBD volumes
- or is that just for mounting an NBD image from within a VM?  The key
question: can I set up Sheepdog to publish an NBD volume, and access it
through native o/s or xen NBD drivers?

Andrew: What's your environment look like (what's Sheepdog running on,
what kinds of virtualization environment, what kinds of VMs?).

Thanks!

Miles