[sheepdog-users] sheepdog update

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:05:29 CEST 2014

Hi Maxim,

At Mon, 05 May 2014 13:36:13 +0400,
Maxim Terletskiy wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using sheep 0.8.0-f06a150 right now. I'd like to update my cluster
> to 0.8.1. What is the right way to do it? Is it possible to update
> without stopping whole cluster?

The right way of updating is adding "-u" option to your original
options of sheep. e.g. if you launch sheep with options like below:
$ sheep -n -w size=10G /store/sheep
you need to launch sheep after updating the binary like below:
$ sheep -u -n -w size=10G /store/sheep
        ^^

Coexistence of v0.8.0 sheep and v0.8.1 sheep is allowed. There's no
protocol change. You don't have to stop entire sheepdog cluster.

> Should I use this version -
> https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/tarball/v0.8.1?

Yes. Please use this version.

Thanks,