[sheepdog-users] Vdi corruption with erasure code if n nodes < x

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 08:33:56 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Valerio Pachera <sirio81 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I opend the bug in launch pad.
>> Please, set "Critical" importance to it.
>

> Forgot to paste :-)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/sheepdog-project/+bug/1367612

I looked at this problem and it is tightly related to current recovery
scheme. Solving this problem requires amount of change for recovery.

Slack way to avoid the problem is shutting down your cluster when a
number of dead node becomes y (y is the smallest x:y on your cluster).

I think the above slack solution can be implemented in 0.9. It would
take one week so I have to delay v0.9.0. How do you think?

Thanks,
Hitoshi