[sheepdog-users] logrotate

Marcin Mirosław marcin at mejor.pl
Wed Oct 8 13:48:03 CEST 2014

W dniu 05.10.2014 o 15:29, Valerio Pachera pisze:
>> Valerio, could you share your configuration of your logrotate? Ordinal
>> logrotate by SIGHUP works well on my environment.
>

> echo '/var/lib/sheepdog/sheep.log' > /etc/logrotate.d/script
>
> That means it uses the default logrotate options of debian:
>
> # see "man logrotate" for details
> # rotate log files weekly
> weekly
>
> # keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
> rotate 4
>
> # create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
> create
>
> # uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
> #compress

Hi!
I'm not familiar with debian so I'm wondering what is wrong with such
conf for logrotate?:

/var/lib/sheepdog/sheep.log
{
# taken from rsyslog conf on debian
postrotate
	invoke-rc.d rsyslog rotate > /dev/null
endscript
}

And, surely, init script should handle "rotate" (or e.g. "reload") and
sends HUP to daemon.

Regards,
Marcin