[sheepdog-users] WARN wait_forward_request messages

Maxim Terletskiy terletskiy at emu.ru
Sat Oct 11 14:27:34 CEST 2014

Hi!

I see similar messages in log:
  WARN [gway 18794] wait_forward_request(413) poll timeout 1, disks of
some nodes or network is busy. Going to poll-wait again

Some of nodes have Infiniband for IO connection. This nodes have much
less warnings in logs(0-10 per day with IB, 10-20 per hour without IB).
So looks like the problem is in network. But after couple of days
monitoring network activity with vnstat I can't see any traffic peaks
which could be the reason of this messages.

Where can be the bottleneck?

All my nodes with data using IB, all my nodes with VMs working in GW
mode and using object cache. Sheep version 0.8.0.