[sheepdog-users] About bundling libraries (at least one library isa-l)

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Fri Oct 17 16:00:09 CEST 2014

I'd be against bundling libraries.  The team should be able to focus on
sheepdog, but once you fork libraries to bundle them in, you have to
take responsibility for any bugs/exploits against them.

Being an old school Unix guy, I'd rather be responsible for the build
that goes on my servers.  While I'd prefer it if sheep was curated in
the main distribution, changes are happening fast enough that's not an
option, and a PPA wouldn't be something I'd trust unless it was
automatic and from the sheepdog team.

I would like to see shepherd resurrected perhaps.  Corosync falls over
in practice, and zookeeper has its own idiosyncracies.  It would be nice
if that part was native to sheepdog.  That could be a project in its own
right, though.  So I'll be happy enough to keep on moving with zookeeper
and sheepdog.