[sheepdog-users] [sheepdog] qustions about sheepdog presentation

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:07:44 CEST 2014

> - we write a new object and it will be marked as dirty in cache and after
>   replication to other nodes, it will be marked as clean and stay in the cache

I was in doubt of that.
Doing so the object can be read from the cache without retrieving it
from the other nodes.

> We won't lose the data if the cache is still alive(failred node can reboot)
> because object cache is persistent cache.

Right, I was not specific about node fate.
Data loss may occure only if the node can't be restored.
Also remember NOT to start the guest on the other nodes before
recovering the node and flushing its cache.
In other words, start the guest on the same node!

Thank you Yuan for these details!