[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] Sheepdog v0.9.0 releace candidate 0

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Fri Oct 24 16:17:35 CEST 2014

Doing a side-by-side install should work with a couple of potential
gotchas.  One, you'd have to ensure separate ports are used -p 7001 for
example.  Two, you'd have to use a separate zookeeper service for the
new cluster. Assuming you had those covered, you could probably then use
qemu-img to directly convert between the two running services. This may
end up being what I do as I can't really afford the outage of dumping
all of my images, then reloading them.

While I'd love to try 0.9, for us it'll wait until final or 0.9.1.
Which is a shame as I've had some issues with trying erasure encoded
images in 0.8.3.

On 10/24/2014 04:33 AM, Micha Kersloot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it is the idea to export the vdi's, update/grade sheepdog and import the vdi's again?
>
> As I have a large part of my storage assigned to sheepdog, I pobably need to export my vdi's to the same filesystem that sheepdog is using, for example in a subdirectory. Is that possible or will sheepdog delete the whole filesystem it is assigned?
>
> Another procedure could be to install the 0.9 version next to the 0.8 version on the same machine with a different subdirectory on the already assigned filesystem and convert the vdi's one by one from the 0.8 cluster to the 0.9 cluster. Is this something I should look into (and document) or are there some structural things in sheepdog that would make this procedure impossible at all? First question on this: Could I use the same zookeeper cluster I'm already using for the 0.8 sheepdog cluster?
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Micha Kersloot
>
> Blijf op de hoogte en ontvang de laatste tips over Zimbra/KovoKs Contact:
> http://twitter.com/kovoks
>
> KovoKs B.V. is ingeschreven onder KvK nummer: 11033334

>>> tel;cell:443-359-0122
>>> x-mozilla-html:TRUE
>>> url:http://cis.desu.edu
>>> version:2.1