[sheepdog-users] memory usage?

Takashi Menjo menjo.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Jan 23 12:54:55 CET 2017

Hello icez network,

Thanks for your report.

In some cases, Sheepdog can consume a huge amount of memory to get killed by
OOM-killer. AFAIK, it is because very many worker threads spawn in a sheep
daemon when a large number of new requests arrive at that sheep's work queue(s)
and remain unprocessed due to heavy load.

If you want to avoid OOM-killer with version 1.0.1, -w/--wq-threads option may
help you. This lets the number of worker threads for work queue(s) be fixed.

Regards,
--
Takashi Menjo <menjo.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp>