[Sheepdog] Corrupted VDI repository after Electricity offline

sukinull at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:16:05 CEST 2010

Hi:
The sheepdog project works fine with my 3 Debian/squeeze boxes.
Until an unexpected electricity offline occurred.

After I restarted sheepdog services, some VDIs were missing.
I wonder if UPS and a clean shutdown helps.
So, I create a new sheepdog repository and shutdown each box sequentially
and concurrently
to simulate in-order clean shutdown and emergency shutdown in parallel for
all nodes.
The result is terrible. All case, VDI repository corrupts.

Is the sheepdog designed for a non-stop environment?
or I missed something?

Thank you.

Angelo Liaw.