[Sheepdog] Sheepdog 0.3.0 schedule and 0.4.0 plan

Yibin Shen zituan at taobao.com
Tue Nov 15 11:34:32 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> At Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:25:41 +0800,
> Yibin Shen wrote:
>>
>> Hi, kuzum:
>>
>> We wish to add other three features in 0.4.0 merge window,
>>
>> 1. object's R/W checksum support(which will be optional) for sheep I/O
>> subsystem.
>
> How to store the checksum?  Will this feature be implemented on Yuan's
> "farm"?
we will create a checksum file for each object, and named with object
name plus a  suffix,
hmm, maybe this is conflicted with "farm" project,  I will talked it with Yuan.

>> 2. vdi completeness check tool  for collie.
>
> What does "completeness" mean here?  It means that all data objects
> are fully replicated?
yes, because we can't guarantee objects stored in each node are safe forever.
they maybe destroyed for some reasons,  such as file system crash or
incorrect operation.
we can't detect such problem now.

>> 3. a general configuration interface like corosync's objdb for sheep.
>
> What kinds of configurations are stored via the interface?
we can use it to store some persistent configuration such as writeback switch,
or experienced duration for temporary failure of a node, although we
haven't implemented it yet.
otherwise we need specify it every time when sheep start.