[Sheepdog] Xen?

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 04:12:44 CEST 2011

On 10/11/2011 02:48 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Anybody working on porting Sheepdog to support Xen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Miles Fidelman

Sheepdog doesn't assume the underlying virtualization technology.
Sheepdog just provide a storage solution for VM (whether it is Xen or
KVM enabling). As far as I know, Xen uses a very ancient Qemu that is
supposed to model the device. KVM also use qemu as it is device model,
but it is almost latest upstream and sheepdog block driver was accepted
into qemu above 0.13(?) if I remember correctly.

Anyway, Both Xen and KVM use qemu as its device model. So backporting
sheepdog driver would be not a big deal.

Thanks,
Yuan