[Sheepdog] Next version and user documentation

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Fri May 4 10:11:28 CEST 2012

Also,

Unless someone is working on it already, I would like to try and build
packages of the next release for debian.  I've never done it before (not
publicly anyway) so I don't know what it really involves (and I would
welcome help too) but it would certainly help my own use of sheepdog.

I agree that there is so much more to sheepdog than the website indicates.
 Perhaps we could pool efforts together to make better documentation
(especially for newcomers) and introduce a sheepdog-discuss list too for
the non-developer audience? - just my thoughts as a user/observer.

On an unrelated note, I noticed this yesterday which claims ElasticHosts
have been using sheepdog in production for some time:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05/03/elastichosts_managed_services_cloud/

Matt.