[Sheepdog] Next version and user documentation

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Fri May 4 17:49:15 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 10:53, David Douard wrote:
> On 04/05/2012 10:11, Matthew Law wrote:
>> Also,
>>
>> Unless someone is working on it already, I would like to try and build
>> packages of the next release for debian.  I've never done it before (not
>> publicly anyway) so I don't know what it really involves (and I would
>> welcome help too) but it would certainly help my own use of sheepdog.
>
> Same here. I may find some time to help on this task. I believe that the
> task (beside writing more doc) may not be that big since debian and
> ubuntu already package sheepdog (old versions however, 0.2.3 for ubuntu
> and 0.2.4 for debian).

I've filled a bug on Debian to ask for a new upstream release:

Guido Günther (maintainer of the package) quickly responded that:

1/ he does not have time to do the job and would accept help on this
(what a surprise :-) )
2/ it requires also an upgrade of corosync,
3/ if he gets some help at maintaining the package, he sees no objection
at uploading it for sid (then wheezy).

Anyone interested in helping him?

I for myself might propose my help but I have no knowledge of sheepdog
code, and poor knowledge in Debian packaging, (and I do not have "free"
time for this, but I need it, so...).

David Douard