[sheepdog] Testing sheepdog with OpenStack

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:00:52 CET 2013

At Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:46:46 +0900,
MORITA Kazutaka wrote:

> At Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:45:53 +0800,
> Liu Yuan wrote:
> >
> > Could you add this to our wiki too?
>
> I'm proposing the modification to the upstream of DevStack and Cinder.
> After it is merged, I'll update the quick guide and document it to
> wiki.

My patches were merged.  I've added a quick start with the upstream
DevStack to https://github.com/collie/sheepdog/wiki/Openstack

  1. Install Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) or Fedora 16
  2. Install Sheepdog to the appropriate location on your system
  3. Start Sheepdog and format it
  4. Download DevStack

    $ git clone git://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack.git

  5. Start the install

    $ cd devstack; CINDER_DRIVER=sheepdog ./stack.sh