[sheepdog] [Openstack] [Openstack-dev]Where is libvirt library packages in Openstack Nova branch

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 17:20:44 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:13:57AM +0800, harryxiyou wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > The nova driver for talking to libvirt is in nova/virt/libvirt/
> >
> Yup, i think so. Therefore, i also think nova driver in nova/virt/libvirt
> has some relationships with libvirt code itself, right? Nova driver
> send parameters to libvirt client(in Nova branch), then libvirt client
> send these parameters to libvirt serever(libvirt code itself). How do
> they(libvirt client and libvirt server) communicate with each other
> in details? I wonder if they(libvirt client and libvirt server) are a whole
> one in libvirt code itself. And Openstack just call libvirt client interfaces,
> which Openstack just package libvirt code itself to be a library for calling.

Nova simply uses the standard "libvirt" python module, which is a thin
python wrapper around the libvirt.so C library. This library talks to
the libvirtd server via a private RPC service. Nova only includes its
own custom libvirt integration code, the libvirt python module isn't
part of Nova.

Regards,
Daniel