[sheepdog] [libvirt] [Libvirt][Sheepdog]Sheepdog pool/volume storage driver for libvirt problem

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:59:50 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 10:42 AM, harryxiyou wrote:
>> Hi Sebastian, Morita and other developers,
>
> Answering what I can...

Eric, thanks for your answers, you are awesome ;-)
And i have some questions about your answers like following.

>> 3, In func "virStorageBackendSheepdogCreateVol", it composes cmd like this
>> "virCommandPtr cmd = virCommandNewArgList(COLLIE, "vdi", "create",
>> vol->name, NULL);"
>> then send create parameters. When Sheepdog receive these parameters,
>> how Sheepdog
>> create this volume? I find Sheepdog create a volume like this.
>> $ qemu-img create sheepdog:Alice 256G
>
> This is using 'collie', not 'qemu-img', to create the volume.  That is,
> the current sheepdog storage driver is NOT going through qemu, but going
> directly to sheepdog.

Yup, this is using 'collie', which is going directly to sheepdog. But
Morita said
if QEMU do not support Sheepdog, Libvirt would not support sheepdog. I think
sheepdog uses collie to create/delete/... volumes but QEMU simulates sheepdog
block device, which it has to go through QEMU during runtime.
Do you think so? Or you have any other ideas?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei