[Stgt-devel] [Patch1/2] Add-new-module-entry-points-for-configuration

Mark Harvey markh794
Sat Jun 2 05:31:14 CEST 2007

On 6/2/07, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> From: "Mark Harvey" <mark_harvey at symantec.com>
> Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel]       [Patch1/2]      Add-new-module-entry-points-for-configuration
> Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:02:49 -0700
>

> > I've installed Firebird however pop/smtp access to gmail is blocked from
> > our internal network.
> >
> > I'll only be able to email directly once I'm home..
>
> I see. Send attached patches.
>

> > BTW:
> > pattern */
> >
> > >For what?
> >
> > This should actually belong with [Patch 2/2].
>
> Well, why does the second patch need this change?

spc.c contains :

enum {
        Opt_scsiid, Opt_scsisn,
        Opt_VendorIdent, Opt_ProductIdent,
        Opt_ProductRev, Opt_SenseFormat,
        Opt_Removable, Opt_Online,
        Opt_err,
};

So at the moment,
enum {MAX_OPT_ARGS = 17};
should read:
enum {MAX_OPT_ARGS = 9};

Once I get these current patches up to scratch and move on the the SMC
module, the extra 8 options (or maybe more) will be needed.

parser.c checks for MAX_OPT_ARGS in several places.

It would be nice to have this size set either at run time or uniq to
each scsi module.
i.e. spc only requires the above 9, the smc module will require about 17.

Cheers
Mark