[Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel

FUJITA Tomonori tomof
Mon Mar 10 08:49:14 CET 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:08:37 +0100
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
> > From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
> > Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:35:52 +0100

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Have there been any changes in this area (I remember some discussion
> >> here, but I can't find any posts)?
> >>
> >> Or is it still recommended to use iptables before/after starting tgtd?
> >
> > Hmm, this doesn't work for your?
> >
> > https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/stgt-devel/2008-February/001380.html
>
> Oh yes. That was the post I was looking for.
>
> But it looks that there is still this issue then - so it may fail sometimes:
>
>   there is a race
>   between the first and second operations (that is, you need to peform
>   the second right after the first, before the initiator tries to
>   connect). I'm fine with changing the default state to 'offline'.
>
> ?

Then, at least, try that to see it works for you. After that, you can
say something like, it works for me, but I want the default state
'offline'.