[Stgt-devel] [RFC] target configuration tool

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo
Wed Mar 19 17:24:49 CET 2008

Mike Christie schrieb:

(...)

> It is looking pretty good. I will have more constructive comments as I
> try it out more, but wanted to say thanks for doing this.
>
> To distinguish between iscsi specific or other target type specific
> params do you think it would be good to do something like:
>

> <target-type iscsi>
>
>     # setting something like CHAP here would work like IET's
>     # ietd.conf
>     incominguser user1 secretpass12

True, incoming or outgoing users are a global configuration, so putting
it per target may confuse users.

On the other hand, how many users use different target types with one
tgtd instance? Wouldn't using too many <target-type iscsi> + <target>
make the config file unreadable?

<target-type iscsi>
	incominguser user1 secretpass12

	<target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring>
		local param
	</target>

	<target>
	</target>
</target-type>

What about:

default-target-type iscsi
incominguser user1 secretpassword12

<target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring>
	local param
	incominguser user1
</target>

<target iqn.2007-04.com.example:something.else>
	target-type some-other-type
</target>

And how global is the account/username?

Does this:

tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode account --op new --user=user1 --password=AAA
tgtadm --lld fcoe --mode account --op new --user=user1 --password=BBB

create two different users with two different passwords?

That being said, I don't mind changing anything if it makes the things
more logical, flexible etc.

>     <target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring>
>
>     # would we set values like iscsi's MaxRecvDataSegmentLength here ?

Does tgtadm allow setting anything like that?

All I saw was changing parameters like vendor ID etc. via --params
option to tgtadm (as documented in README.lu_configuration). Which can
be added, too - it's just a minor change.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org