[stgt] [RFC] example init.d script for tgtd

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 20 18:15:24 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> FUJITA Tomonori schrieb:
>> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:37:40 +0200
>> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Currently, there is no standard way to start and configure tgtd via a
>>> init.d script.
>>> As a result, even if any distribution packages tgt, it doesn't
>>> contain any startup script.
>>>
>>> So let's help the packagers!
>>
>> Really? I thought that Mike has an init script for RHEL.
>
> I don't know the RHEL script you mention (I found no references in the
> archive), is it this one (scroll down a bit on that page)?

We just added it. It is not my work. It is from Ronnie. I attached the
file in the mail. It might be a older version than is in RHEL. I cannot
log into our servers because my vpn is down. I think the /var/lock file
and /etc/sysconfig/tgtd might be too Red Hat'ish (I do not think other
distros use sysconfig).