[wpkg-users] [wpkg] Feature requests and questions

rl201 rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 13:57:02 CET 2005

> If the check condition for fileA is true it won't install fileA again
> but it will continue to check the other files and if for example fileB
> is already installed too but fileC is missing it will install fileC.

I have a similar need but have started to look into a 'depends' field in
the package header. For example, packageA depends on packages packageAa,
packageAb and package Ac. packageA is only considered installed if
packageAa, packageAb and packageAc are all installed.

As I write this, I realise that perhaps all that is necessary is to have
an additional 'check' option of

<check type="package" path="packageAa" value="installed" />
etc.

Has anyone else thought about this or does anyone have any comments to
make?

Yours,

Frank

wpkg-users mailing list